Thursday, August 4, 2011

On the road again...

Well it's that time of year again when we pack up the motor home and just head out as nomads to regroup for a couple of weeks... do a little sight seeing and a lot of memory hunting.

We headed out last Thursday to our first destination past the 1000 Island area to visit some friends... after 4 days we started to head back towards home... studying the map carefully I realized we were heading in the direction we were last year... that gorgeous 6 acre paradise that spoiled us so badly that we now compare every campground to it.  Not only do we love the park and the sweet owners, but the memory hunting here is like no other...

this was our first stop...
you may remember Lucille from last year when Rose and I bought out her out of house and home...
 
 
but she wasn't there today... Lucille, "I'M BACK" where are you????

so we shopped the yard...

loving that sign... I could find a spot in my kitchen for that I am sure...

and look at this cool little birdhouse...

I am sure I could find a spot for this beauty too...

I still have the scars on my knees from one of these classics...

and check this cutie out we found at another shop...
I have never come across one of these before... $35.00

a perfect mate for my mower
I am assuming it is an edger... but it would just take up room in my garage right beside the mower that I just had to have.

now this little guy did manage to find his way to my trunk... can you figure out what it is...

check out those patent dates... July 28,1891 - April 22, 1902 & Sept 11, 1904

reads; NO 2 -  MFG'D BY WHITE MOP WRINGER CO., FULTONVILLE, NY
WARRENTED THIS SIZE FOR FAMILY USE ONLY

have you figured it out yet? 
If you guessed a wooden wringer that sits on a pail, you guessed right...
now I have to find just the right pail to put this on... for $13.00 how could I resist.

this stayed behind but it was tempting... a leather strap vise... $12.00

and check out the size of this pulley... I couldn't lift it if I did want it... but it stayed behind too.

Tomorrow we are off to see Lucille again and hopefully do some real hunting...

Lucille can you hear me ???

Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Denise said...

OOOOOOOhhhhhh I love the white cupboard (or whatever you call it)between the garage doors. Could you strap it to the top of the camper and I'll meet you, LOL. I know if I'm patient I will find one around here.

Glad you are having a wonderful time!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

I'm drooling over these items!! How could you do that to me? lol. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time and hope Lucille finally hears you and meets up with you tomorrow :)

Hugs!!
Laura

Granny said...

That looks like a fun place to shop. Hope Lucille is home today.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

great stuff Deb, my favorite? the birdhouse! LOVE it!
thanks for sharing. I hope Lucille is around today.
take care! have fun hunting!
gail

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Looks like Lucille has recovered nicely from our raid last year ;)
Give her my best regards when you see her.
I'll be down that way for Bouckville Antique show in a couple weeks.
Hoping you get a chance to stop by on your way home..Saturday is totally booked for us, but Sunday afternoon is looking good! Call me, k?