Thursday, August 27, 2009

THE EYESORE IN MY LIVING ROOM


No matter what I did to this fireplace I just couldn't make it work in my living room... I tried cleaning it with TSP,.. I tried decorating it... nothing and I mean nothing worked...


After several coats of water based acrylic paint... this is the beginning of something a little more appealing...



This is the finished brick... I used watered down raw umber artist paint on a sea sponge - dabbed it on each brick and viola a brand new fireplace.  Don't mind the mess in there... some critter left me their nesting materials...
Dressed up and ready to go...

1 comment:

S said...

Fireplaces can be really hard to transform and I really like what you've done with the umber paint. Great job - I know that painting brick is not easy, so hard to get down good in those cracks! And best wishes with you new blog :)