Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Vision Gone Wrong

Meet faceless Charlie...

I have been building this guy in my head for a couple of years now... I made the legs a few years ago and he stopped there... I was having so much fun with the legs... they found themselves sticking out from under my daughters bed... bent over the cistern so he looked like he fell in and so on... well I finally decided to give him a little more personality yesterday... this cute "little" elf that had been growing in my mind grew to be 6 ft tall... not exactly what I had envisioned... I wanted him to sit on an small vintage ladder that I have been hanging on to just for this occassion... even though I grew this monster and I sat him in the chair, everytime I walk in the room he scares the hell out of me... so faceless thrifted Charlie is going to have a few feet of him amputated after Christmas... and if you meet Larry King in person don't tell him he is missing a pair of suspenders...

I found these poor little guys shaking in their boots under the stool... hahaha...

6 comments:

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Hahah! I hope I didn't wake up my son... oh man, catching my breath... And the LABEL you put on this post! *snort*

Ah man... thanks for the laff! He does look mighty human in a board kinda way. Would scare me too!

Donna

Beverly said...

OK...that would scare me too! My son on the other hand thought it was "soooooo cool"..lol

cindy said...

OMG! Crack me up.....as if we all needed a 6 foot man with a musical instrument to make us jump out of our skin every time we enter the room.

BTW, my gram has a wooden twirly stool just like the one next to Scary Board Man....

Thanks for linking, I think. :)

Unknown said...

Ok that was SO funny I nearly spit out my Gatorade! You should put a warning on stuff like that!

Maureen said...

Too funny! Better watch what you wish for!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

hahah he scares me too!
thanks for a great laugh!
gail