Thursday, November 15, 2012

Before and After - First Aid Cabinet

Oh wow, it has been awhile since I posted anything new here.  Thanks for hanging in there.  Life has been hectic and being a Gramma has been taking a lot of my free time.  Who knew it would be this much fun.  I am loving every minute of it. 

I did manage to get a few things accomplished the past few months...

I wanted to make a first aid cabinet for awhile now.  As soon as I saw this handmade wooden cabinet at the thift store I knew exactly what is was going to be. 

 as found... no back, shelves or glass
 
painted... stained... distressed... and waxed...
 
added a porcelain knob, glass from a thrifted photo frame and a shutter hook
 
added two shelves... a piece of luan on the back, covered with scrapbook paper
and
 loaded her up with some vintage first aid pieces
 
I added etching vinyl to the glass to give it that opaque look... good job I did because the last turn on the screw cracked the glass... it just addds a little more character to the piece, don't ya think
 
it now has a new home on the shutter hanging in my washroom
 
Thanks for popping by...
 
 
 
ALERT ~  there's a little lady bug running about the malls these days... keep your eyes peeled

 Partying over at:
(Common Ground)
 

4 comments:

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Great transformation! Have a wonderful weekend.

Firecracker Kid said...

You went all out on this one! I love it and want one of it... lol.
Aww, what a sweet lil lady bug.
Hugs~Carol

Marti said...

What a great idea. Everyone needs a first aid kit that can be found fast in an emergency.

I'll be watching for that ladybug too. lol

classesncamps said...

Very nice post. Your post is so useful. Thanks for sharing.
Acting classes Los Angeles