Friday, September 25, 2009

Fireplace Mantel Re-Do

Do you have one of those places in your home you just can't get right... I can't tell you how many times I have changed this fireplace... it seems okay for a bit then I see a picture of it and I start picking it apart again... I look in books... but most mantels are symmetrical and that is just too formal for my home... I like my organized clutter...

this is the grouping I came up with today... let's see how long this one will last... If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them...


this is the trouble child... I can't get this side right...


I painted the barn star today... it was burgandy... this replaced the other black one that was there...
 I distressed this one and it has the bolts... a little more prim...


close up... still not floating my boat...(no pun intended)
UPDATE: check out the post 2 up...  this display lasted the night... the light bulb finally went off this morning after a good nights sleep... and thanks to research I finally found out what I was doing wrong... scroll up and have a boo and please let me know what you think



No comments: