Sunday, October 31, 2010

Curb Appeal... The Big Reveal

Thanks for being so patient with me as I plugged away on the final touches of this project.  I can't tell you how thrilled I am to finally have this completed. 

No teaser this time, it's the real deal.

let the show begin...

It all started with the suicide hill...

this hill was impossible to mow by myself and when I decided to stop paying someone to do my grass I was at a loss...

things needed to change...

so I took a good look around and zoomed in on my rotted old mailbox


and replaced it...

wait the mailbox has more curb appeal than my house does now

things were starting to take shape... I was loving it... no more grass

 but it still wasn't doing anything for the change I was so desperately hoping for...

  Rob the landscaper decided to get a little creative...

I would still have to get to the top of this hill  so he decided to create a dry river bed with steps...

 almost completed... the grass at the bottom was the last to be done...

so now onto to the next phase, create some curb appeal
 be sure to pay attention to the white piece above the window...

enter the trellis...

it was a start but still not enough... the thinking cap was smoking by this time

this was my dream to have board and batten installed instead of that stark white siding...

this was another part of that dream to make wooden shutters and get rid of the plastic ones

these past two weekends they both finally became a reality

enter Jay my new handyman...

as a surprise, he made the board and batten piece over the window to hide that ugly eyesore,

did you really pay attention when I told you too?...

I can wait, go back and have another look...

he then installed the new shutters I made...

 painted the garage door...

painted the trim to match the window frames

made new frames for around the windows...

installed all the board and batten...

 hung my barn star before he was even done, because I was so impatient and couldn't wait... 
like the look but too small... I am trading my GF for a 48" one...

one last look at the before... Denise get your bucket...

well was it worth the wait?... I love it
  
it now looks like the two pieces belong to each other...

and there you have it folks... ALMOST DONE...


hung the new barn star that I painted and rusted...

I added and removed the straps on the garage door, way too much bling going on...

installed the new lights...

this is the close up of the new lights...
as you can see I ran out of daylight again.

FINISHED

Thanks for hanging in there and waiting so patiently.

So tell me, what do ya all think?

This was a lot of work but so worth it.

Stay tuned next summer for the final phase of this makeover.

19 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

well worth the wait! You've done a lot of work, and it shows! I'm sure when you pull in the drive tomorrow, you will have a huge smile on your face!
happy for ya girl!
gail

Brenda said...

Wow Deb, it looks fabulous!! Congrats to you!!

Brenda

Coleen's Corner said...

Holy toledo - what a change! Love the dry bed and am drooling over the trellis thingy over the garage. Shutters are the crows toes! It is just beautiful. Do you sleep in the drive just so you can adore it? I might : )

Firecracker Kid said...

Wow, what a difference. It looks great Deb. I love the shutters you made:)

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Definitely worth the wait!! I love what you had done and I love it :) Yay!!

Denise said...

Looks great......I am glad that you pointed out the "white thingy" above the window it blends right in now. I am also glad that you showed what the hill looks like in the summer so I can get visual of that with the new house look. You sure do have great taste!

whitey said...

WOW! You did a lot more than just make some new shutters, that landscaping is amazing! You got to be proud.

Muddaritaville said...

Your home looks fabulous Deb!
I love Board and Batten, and barn stars.

Jo

Granny said...

Your home looks amazing. It is such a transformation and just your style. Love the barn star on the board and batten. Those and the shutters pull it all together.

Kirsty Girl said...

Wow! What a change it is! It's going to look amazing by the time those plants fill out! Though it already does of course :) I love the star too! And the "shutters" and ESPECIALLY the bord and batten that has definitely made the BIGGEST difference I think! :D

Anonymous said...

Holy friggin cow!
That is so, 'stop the car I need to look'.
What a transformation. I have no clue with landscaping, and that batten and board wall on the house...who knew you could do such a thing....

The trellis over the garage is my favorite though..just great!

whoot whooo .

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Deb, huge difference.. now no more cutting the grass on that hill.. :) come do mine now.. lol

hugsssss Janet

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Looks like a whole new house. You had great vision and it all fit together so nicely... enjoy!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

What a transformation!! Your home now looks fabulous.
Hugs, Sherry

Teri said...

It's gorgeous! Nice work! :)

Theresa said...

A-MAY-ZING!!!! It looks wonderfully country. The board and batten is perfect. The colour is great. Enjoy your "new" home.

Unknown said...

WOW!!! That is a gorgeous transformation, Deb. Love the board and batten siding. Wow. wow. wow.

Hugs,
Jami

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, Deb! Your hard work paid off. It really boosted the curb appeal. I haven't heard much from you through your posts. I hope you're ok and are doing fine.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!
What a wonderful makeover......can you come to my house next?? Lol !! I really love what you've done here, it looks like "Curb Appeal" has been here! It is so professional looking, just awesome. I found you by linking in from a post I followed from "You are talking too much". She commented on your bathroom makeover and I wanted to see it. It also looks sooo nice. Anyway I decided to look around and couldn't help but check out your other projects, glad I did.
Thanks for sharing!! Take care VBg