Sunday, November 6, 2011

My new "Proper"ly "Prim"med Bathroom... Phase 11

Well it finally happened I have the perfectly prim bathroom that I have been dreaming about for 6 years.  (You can read about Phase 1 here.) 

My head was swimming...Do I paint the walls, leave the trim... paint the trim and leave the walls.? But they are white... I don't like white. So why was I having such a hard time making up my mind?  I can't believe it took me so long to do this.

this is the entrance to the bathroom...

can you see all that wood...

everywhere. 

 two closet doors,  all the trim and the inside of the entrance door... it all had to go and I had to paint it... have I mentioned how much I dislike painting big projects...

so first I tackled the stocking stretchers, painted, sanded and stained for that perfect prim look...
and it was quick...

next I glazed the cabinet I painted last week... another quick project...

then it was time to get painting all those doors, baseboards and window trim... not so quick...

I ordered these handles for the vanity and the closet doors...
   
next on the list was a new curtain...

but I needed a new curtain rod...

 this makeover was all about using up what I already had...

I made the shelf from one I had hanging around...drilled holes in the brackets with my hole saw...

 used a 1-5/8" wooden dowel for the rod... slid it through the holes... 

hung the shelf about 8" higher than the window top... added some of my favourite treasures...

it was the perfect piece to tie everything together... and it has that perfect prim look...

Vintage Junky showed this pic on her blog last week and I absolutely fell in love with it. 
 I just had to have it... 

It will replace the cross stitch above the toilet.

It will add some interesting depth to that wall and it has the perfect pop of red.

so let's have one last look at the before...

 and now, my Proper Prim bathroom makeover...

I love it... it now looks like it belongs to the rest of the house... okay maybe not the kitchen... that's next on my list... did I mention that I don't like painting big projects. 

 Now do you see why I am procrastinating starting that job... I will find a million other things to do just to avoid doing what I should be doing... so I figure the entire house will get redone before I work my way to that room.

Am I the only one that does this?

Cost Breakdown;
Curtain - $19.99 (Swags Galore)
Wooden Dowel - $2.48 (Rona)
Little Red Riding Hood Pic - $10.50 (Etsy)
 ALL paint left over from other projects... $0.00 (private stash)
Trim for cabinet - $7.77 (Home Depot)
New hardware - .83/ea x 4= $3.32 (ebay)

Total makeover cost - $ 44.06

Thanks for popping in... would love to hear what you think. 

Hugs,

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely perfect! I didn't think it could get any better but it did...LOVE it!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

deb-I LOVE that picture (little red riding hood)
Your wood tones (lack of) look great! :)
gail

Brenda said...

Hi Deb, the bathroom looks absolutely awesome! Wonderful job!!
Hope you are well!

Brenda

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks fabulous!
And what a bonus you were able to accomplish it for pennies on the dollar.
Way to go.
Tan

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

Deb you did a fantastic job!! I applaude you girl.....all I can say is WOW!! Love it :)))))

Phyllis said...

Your prim look is just perfect. Love the reuse and make do's. Great job!!!!

Theresa said...

Looks great. love the sock stretchers. I need to prim mine up like that.

Firecracker Kid said...

I love it! Is that steeple white you used? Really love that new curtain and shelf. Hmmm, hubby will see me coming with that one... lol.
Hugs~Carol

Jody said...

Simply adorable Deb! Fantastic job..and so prim!!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Great job on the makeover! Now, get your cute tushie over here and do mine. I'll even volunteer to do all the painting! Love the print!

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

You've been a busy girl! It looks so pulled together now. I gotta tell ya, break down and get that command max sprayer, it will make your kitchen project so much easier! Wait until you see my dining room beadboard, all done in 2 hours! Tell Santa you want it for an early Christmas present, you will love it.

Connie the crafterbug said...

Oh it looks so cozy!You did a beautiful job!

Connie

Wanda said...

Wow! Beautiful transformation, I love the vanity painted black and how you made the shelf/curtain rod, I want one.