Monday, May 3, 2010

A Marriage That Finally Works...

No silly, not me... can you spell D.I.V.O.R.C.E...
I have been marrying pieces all weekend... anything to avoid what I should have been doing... like gardening and vacuuming... I am a great procrastinator when I don't like doing something. 

(Sorry pics aren't the greatest... I have been having issues with my camera)


the first marriage... after a three year courtship it was finally time for these two to tie the knot...
 this 16 year old spinster sampler has been whining to come out of the closet for years... but before we could get her married off we had to powder her nose with a lot of cinnamon and grunge those cheeks up a bit...  (and of course I forgot to take the engagement pic)

bake in the oven, remove when you hear sirens... stuff in the frame and there you have it, 
 a handsome couple. 
they still weren't convinced so I had to lie about her age a bit, but Sharpie came through...
(check out the left corners)
now if all marriages were that easy!!

this was the advice I gave the new couple...  given the same treatment and we had another marriage proposal... and again no engagement pic

I think this one is too eager to get on with the honeymoon... lol... not too sure about this marriage, I have bets this one won't last...

Well that is all this ole gal can handle tonight... this wedding planning is hard work... stay tuned tomorrow I have some new finds to share with you all...
hope you are all having a great day...
Hugs...

5 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

yay! I love a good love story!
great job. thanks for sharing!
gail

Granny said...

Deb those marriages are a success. I especially love the way you filled in the date. Both samplers look great. Love the double candleholder too.

I love your description of the details. You tell a great story.

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Oh you are too funny. Love this post and the samplers! Great way to marry those two beauties off!

Did you atleast catch the bouquet? So glad that you are back!

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi DEb:) Oh boy, you've got my attention:) These are beautiful! I love 'em. Are you selling them? I always say good things come to those who wait. Hugs~Carol

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Dontcha just love a good wedding?
Such a cute way to present these. Loved it.
Rose