Friday, October 23, 2009

New Before and Afters - 10-23-09 (Updated 10-24-09)

Well I didn't go shopping yesterday... which was a good thing... I guess... so I am trying to get all the things done that I bought last week so I will have an excuse to go treasure hunting next week...


this is the first project completed... this is the before



I took the recipe tag off and sanded...


painted 2 colours of red... sanded the edges down to the wood...


the front is scrapbook paper - I stained and sealed it... that is it... an old fashioned first aid kit...


a thrifted side table - before



painted and hardware on... found the hardware at the thrift store also


another view


this is actually a picture frame... the pics just slide down through the back... before


painted the same colour as the table... I added the wallpaper to the back...pics can still be put in... would look great over the table... I am getting some mileage out of that wallpaper... that was a freebie also... my sis saved it for me... I love it for projects... as you may have seen a few projects with it... I have a real soft spot for plaid...


The past.... The present... and who knows what the future holds... is there such a thing as modern prim???
 
Tray - Before


painted ... I haven't glued the star in there yet... what do you think?...

6 comments:

DeeDee said...

oh ah! I love the recipe bow..I willbe redoing one of those soon myself...lovely items you have redone..

Emma @ Outmumbered said...

those items are fabulous! ive never attempted anything like this but am following you now incase i ever do :)

kimcox said...

Great job! I have always admired people who can see the new in older thing. I look at the thrift store weekly for things like these but have not found the courage to try my hand at it. Maybe I will now.

Thanks

Happy "SITS" Saturday Sharefest Day!

Charlene said...

Wow - you're good! I love yard sales but I never think to do these sorts of things. Nice ideas! Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest!

Beverly said...

You are an inspiration! I love what you do with all your finds.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

You ask what I think? I think I have to make a newspaper star on my side table after seeing this! LOVE it! So much so that it's in my Friday Nov 18 Today's Hot Find. :)

Funky Junk Donna