Monday, November 16, 2009

Before and After (11-16-2009)

I worked on this box all day yesterday... sometimes small things are just a royal pain... I was sure glad to get this one completed and ready to sell...


this is the before... I really comtemplated just leaving it but....


between sanding and waiting for about 4 coats of red paint to dry this was the pain... it just looks too stark for me... I may have to grunge this up a bit... still can't decide... the cross was a longer one with curved edges... I cut and and sanded to get the right size... another one of those time consuming pains... but it is done  and I guarantee there won't be another one like it...

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

I have been looking for this recipe box everywhere...I already decorated oen and want another...you need to tell me where you shop for such wonderful treasures...great job..love this one.

DeeDee said...

Hey Deb...I left you a gift at my blog today please go and get it also here is the link to my recipe box...the box is kinda different shape but kinda the same as yours ....anyways take a look see

tp://deedeescraftspot.blogspot.com/2009/05/recipe-box-for-my-girl-ashley.html

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I like the Swiss look better. I may have to try something like that on a table. Love the red!

Dianna said...

I like the box. I thought of a great first aid box when I saw it. If it's a recipe box, I agree with you, grunge it up a bit.